For those times you’re feeling nutty – A chewy, sweet snack with a little crunch! This recipe combines sweet coconut filling, topped with an almond, and coated in dark chocolate. Yum!
Eat it as a dessert, snack, or (my favorite!) breakfast.
Embrace the nutty side of life and go for a delicious (and nutritious) coco-nutty snack!
A Coco-Nutty Delight
5 Ingredients 14 Servings 30 Minutes Total
Ingredients for the Coconut Center:
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut flakes (Bob’s Red Mill Shredded Coconut works great!)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 14 raw almonds
- pinch sea salt
Instructions for Coconut Center:
- Place coconut shreds, honey, coconut oil and salt into a mixing bowl
- Microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute
- Stir to fully combine ingredients
- Drop one almond into each segment of an ice tray
- Sprinkle coconut mixture onto the ice tray, pressing the mixture into the individual segments
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour (or leave it overnight)
Ingredients for Chocolate Coating:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 pinches sea salt
Instructions for Coating the Almond Joys:
- Place coconut oil (melted), honey, cacao powder and sea salt into a blender. Blend for 15-30 seconds or until combined. Pour into a bowl and set aside
- Take the ice tray filled with almond/ coconut mixture out of the freezer, popping out the individual pieces using a butter knife
- Place a piece of wax paper on a plate or baking sheet
- Dip the individually frozen almond/ coconut pieces into the chocolate sauce and place onto the wax paper
- Once all the almond/coconut pieces are covered, place into the freezer for 15 minutes
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator
These Almond Joys last for months in the freezer and can be taken out and ready to eat in 15-30 minutes. If stored in the refrigerator they will last 2 to 3 weeks.