The season for delicious, luscious fresh figs is upon us! Below you’ll find the recipe for a rich, creamy dessert which is gluten and dairy free, Yay! This delectable recipe also makes a divine breakfast. Whenever you choose to indulge, you’ll be happy you did!
Fresh Figs and Peaches with Cashew Cream
Dairy/ Gluten Free 10 min Prep Serves 6-8
What You’ll Need
- High Powered Blender
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. fresh figs, cut in half
- 2 peaches
- fresh mint (optional)
- Soak cashews for 6 hours or overnight.
- Strain the soaked cashews and place in a high powered blender with water, vanilla, salt, honey, and coconut oil. Blend for +/- 2 minutes at high speed, until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Slice figs and peaches.
- Portion cut fruit into 6-8 serving dishes or place on serving dish with cashew cream in the center. Top cashew cream with fresh mint (optional).
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Enjoy this delicious, refreshing dessert!
Find, Pair, Heal
Whether you find figs at the market or grocery store, eat them quickly; Figs are delicate and need to be handled with care and eaten within a few days of ripening. They are fabulous paired with nuts, aged vinegar, citrus, warm spices, or rich creams. Medicinally, figs are used to support lung function, aid in digestion, and regulate blood sugar.
Work With Me!
Ready to create the life you’ve always wanted, break free from destructive habits, overwhelm, and anxiety? Work with me privately! Learn more by clicking here.
Stretch, Strengthen and Relax with Me!