The transition from fall to winter is upon us. Unpredictable weather, colder temperatures and reduced sunlight places pressure on our immune system; The perfect time to begin or renew one’s practice of Ayurvedic living.
This recipe includes carrots, a root vegetable, providing warmth and grounding as we move through this season of change. Turmeric, an anti-inflammatory used in Ayurveda, as well as ghee, provides healing to the gut and reduces cardiovascular disease. These ingredients combined with ginger and red chili pepper flakes gets the digestive fluids going, encouraging proper assimilation of nutrients.
This simple, savory and nutrient packed meal takes 5 minutes to prep and 30 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for a cold winter afternoon or an easy week night meal!
Creamy Carrot Soup
Serves 4 5 Minute Prep 30 Minute Meal
- 6 medium carrots – roughly chopped
- 4 stalks celery – chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 apple – chopped
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 inch peeled and diced ginger
- 1 tbsp vegetable bullion
- 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4-6 cups water
- Add all ingredients to a large pot
- Bring to a boil, then turn to low and cover
- Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until carrots are soft
- Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minutes
JOIN ME FOR A WELLNESS WEEKEND!
Ayurveda, Meditation, Movement, and Overcoming Limiting Beliefs
MORE INFORMATION AT WWW.CAITLINRENZ.COM/YOGA